Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Anniversary

On this, the day of our second wedding anniversary, I wanted to share an open letter to my wife.

Ashley-

When I asked you to "hang around" after work for some beers 33 months ago, I never fathomed that we would be where we are today.  If you were to poll my friends at that time, they would have told you that I was not interested in or looking for someone to spend the rest of my life with.  (Although Greg would have told you that he knew I wanted that)  Anyway, I asked you to join me for some adult beverages and the rest as they say, is history.

I'm not sure that in October '09 I could wrap my brain around the fact that it was possible for someone to come into my life that would literally make every aspect of my life better.  You make me a better man, father,  brother, son, employee.  Which in turn makes me strive to have that same sort of positive impact on you, which then amplifies the effect you have on me.  It's a positive feedback loop.  And I think that in this day and age, it is becoming increasingly difficult for people to find that in a partner.  So I consider myself very fortunate to have found you (and somehow manage to not chase you off!).  Like the title of our little blog, we truly are better together.

I could go on and on about the depths and breadth of my love for you, but at some point it becomes repetitive and cheesy.  And I am not sure that words on a screen or written on paper could do it justice anyways.  Just know that I love you more each passing day (even when I would just as soon choke you out than kiss you) and that I can not imagine my life without you, and hope that I never have to find out what that is like.

Yours always and forever in love-

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment